Pages

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Pink & Blue Cupcakes for Bela




Last Feb 19, 2011, I officially became a tita (aunt). My sister gave birth to a beautiful baby girl who she named Ysabela Ruth Florida ((Ruth and Florida are the names of Ysa's grandmothers) and who I love to bits.

This April 19 she's turning two months old and to celebrate I made some cupcakes.
I made some moist chocolate cupcakes with pink buttercream frosting and some carrot cupcakes with cream cheese frosting which I tinted blue using some gel food coloring.
It's been a while since I made some cupcakes so I wasn't able to properly frost them and I was also in a hurry.


Happy 2nd month BELA! I love you!!!

5 comments:

Joy Calipes-Felizardo said...

Hi, i've been actually looking for a very nice frosting for my cupcakes, however i never could seem to get it perfect, can you please share a recipe of your frosting, it looks really luscious and nice! Tnx.

marica said...

hi Joy.
I just made a basic buttercream frosting that i sorta winged.
I just creamed 1 cup of butter and added about 3 cups powdered sugar (1 cup at a time) 1 tsp vanilla I added milk 1 tsp at a time and beat the mixture until I was satisfied with the consistency.
For the cream cheese frosting, i used 1 cup cream cheese 1 cup butter 3-4 cups powdered sugar 1 tsp vanilla and milk :)
thanks for dropping by

marica said...

thanks for the invite vincent. i'll do just that :)

Unknown said...

The cupcakes looks great. The baby is adorable.

marica said...

@Joy: thanks so much :)