Pages

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Pink & Blue Cupcakes for Bela




Last Feb 19, 2011, I officially became a tita (aunt). My sister gave birth to a beautiful baby girl who she named Ysabela Ruth Florida ((Ruth and Florida are the names of Ysa's grandmothers) and who I love to bits.

This April 19 she's turning two months old and to celebrate I made some cupcakes.
I made some moist chocolate cupcakes with pink buttercream frosting and some carrot cupcakes with cream cheese frosting which I tinted blue using some gel food coloring.
It's been a while since I made some cupcakes so I wasn't able to properly frost them and I was also in a hurry.


Happy 2nd month BELA! I love you!!!

6 comments:

Joy Calipes-Felizardo said...

Hi, i've been actually looking for a very nice frosting for my cupcakes, however i never could seem to get it perfect, can you please share a recipe of your frosting, it looks really luscious and nice! Tnx.

bébé de sucre said...

hi Joy.
I just made a basic buttercream frosting that i sorta winged.
I just creamed 1 cup of butter and added about 3 cups powdered sugar (1 cup at a time) 1 tsp vanilla I added milk 1 tsp at a time and beat the mixture until I was satisfied with the consistency.
For the cream cheese frosting, i used 1 cup cream cheese 1 cup butter 3-4 cups powdered sugar 1 tsp vanilla and milk :)
thanks for dropping by

vincent said...

Hello,


We bumped into your blog and we really liked it - great recipes YUM YUM.
We would like to add it to the Petitchef.com.

We would be delighted if you could add your blog to Petitchef so that our users can, as us,
enjoy your recipes.

Petitchef is a french based Cooking recipes Portal. Several hundred Blogs are already members
and benefit from their exposure on Petitchef.com.

To add your site to the Petitchef family you can use http://en.petitchef.com/?obj=front&action=site_ajout_form or just go to Petitchef.com and click on "Add your site"

Best regards,

Vincent
petitchef.com

bébé de sucre said...

thanks for the invite vincent. i'll do just that :)

Joy said...

The cupcakes looks great. The baby is adorable.

bébé de sucre said...

@Joy: thanks so much :)